28 August 2011

Where Have all the Flowers Gone?

This was a very last minute (like I made everything including the gumpaste ranunculus in under 6 hours) cake for a baptism. It's rare that I would scramble like this but I had a bit of a sob story from the parents whose daughter was being baptized concerning the flaky baker they had originally hired to make this. There's been a recent spate of ruffle cakes circling the net (probably thanks in part to the very talented Maggie Austen) and I thought it would make a quick and simple design for this chocolate layer cake. Congratulations to Sophie and family on this special day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower! So proud of you! xo,
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found you! I like your work and I follow you on FaceBook.

    ReplyDelete