04 April 2011

There She Goes, There She Goes Again


Well, I've just wrapped up the last of my orders for a short while - I am taking off for the US later this week to work on some fun, new projects and take a short vacation. On my calendar? I'm hoping to catch up with the girls of Cupcakes Take the Cake for a little cupcake chat. I've also booked a private class with the amazingly gifted Elisa Strauss of Confetti Cakes; I'll be spending 5 hours in Elisa's studio hoping that some of her magic will wear off on me. I'll be meeting with a former classmate from Peter Kump's who has invited me to create a signature cupcake for the menu of his new Manhattan restaurant opening later this year. And I will be taking on Crumbs Bake Shop in my very own personal version of Cupcake Wars! (A friend's husband has asked me to bake him a batch of my red velvets so he can do a taste test comparison -- no offense but I'm hoping to blow Crumbs out of the water by the way!). Yup, that's what we cupcakers do for fun....

And of course no trip to Manhattan would be complete without a round-up of some of the city's best cupcake stores. On my last cupcake crawl, I hit Crumbs, Butter Lane, Cupcake Stop (RIP), Chikalicious and Two Little Red Hens. On Round 2, I hope to get to Baked by Melissa, sugar Sweet sunshine, Billy's and Kumquat Cupcakery.



I won't be baking again until Tuesday April 26th and my May is already starting to look a little crazy so if you want to order, please do get in touch.

Wishing you all a good Spring break, Happy Easter and see you soon.

xo Cat

3 comments:

  1. Crumbs sucks. No contest. As to Elisa Strauss, you could teach her a thing or two, too.

    Safe travels -- and hope to meet up with you on one of your cupcake stops. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun. Good luck and happy learning.

    By the way, if you are in a sharing mood, I would love to have tips for red velvet. I made it for the first time and no one liked it. The chocolate wasn't chocolatey enough and the buttercream icing was too sweet. I wonder what I did wrong. I used buttermilk and oil .... 3T of Van Houten .. not sure.

    PS I have an interview with Ecole Gregoire Ferrandi to prepare for a CAP Patissier so I can launch my gluten free stuff and learn some french pastry secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll enjoy your vacation :) The cupcakes are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete