03 April 2009

Happy 1400th Cupcake Day to Me!


When I started baking for other people a few months back, I figured it would be mostly friends who rang me up for cupcakes. Yesterday, I had a client from Australia (more on that below) and today, I finished off a box of 1400 cupcake liners I bought back in December! Wow, how the time flies when you are having fun! A big thank you to all of you out there who continue to support me in this endeavor.

I don't know if it's cause the markets are rallying (at the time of this writing) or cause the moon is in the 7th house, but people have been clamoring for cupcakes this week. I wasn't even this busy over the holidays! So here in photos is what I have been up to this week...

Little Miss Morsels:

A new product on my menu. The ones pictured are Kiss Kiss Bang Bang cupcake bites -- they come in several varieties but I recommend the chocolates -- made as a gift for the staff at a customer's daycare. What did she say about them?



"The creche staff ranted and raved today at pick-up. They can't even deal with how good they were. Yes, were. Not one was left by the afternoon. You have a total hit on your hands!!! I'll be ordering more in the future!!!"

Somewhere Beyond the Sea:
Nemo has long been one of our favorite movies. When I started working on these cupcakes for a birthday party with an underwater theme, my son went bonkers. He wanted me to recreate every sea creature in the movie. Which I would have liked to have done but as it is, I spent 3 nights molding and shaping these guys made from marshmallow fondant and marzipan.



I liked the starfish and their googly eyes the best.



My son came up with the idea for the electric eel. Much better than the simple sand dollars I had in mind!



Here's a close-up of an octopus which I think came out well.



Bake Like (and For) a Rock Star:
Here's the order that was called in from Australia....



for an American....



who happened to be in Paris for his birthday.



What was he doing here? Oh, he just happens to be one of the guys from sunny California's Machine Head. They were opening up for Metallica who were playing back-to-back sold-out shows. He's apparently a chocoholic so the request here was for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang red velvets and Chocolate Squared. I couldn't resist the Eiffel Tower gummies. Let's hope these gave him extra energy for last night's show.

Monkey See, Monkey Do:
My friend's son, James, is 3 tomorrow. He's an adorable kid and loves all things dinosaur, lion, etc. The design for these come from Hello, Cupcake!



They are Caramel Dolce lions (which you have seen here before) and Lemon Tart Monkeys. It was while I was baking these this morning that I used my 1400th liner. Woo Hoo!



Marguerites for Marguerite:

And last but not least, some cupcakes for Marguerite's baptism. A marguerite is a daisy in French so I thought these were fitting.



I paid 23 euros (!!!) without tax for these daisy cutters yesterday but I love how they came out. Simple and beautiful.



These are marzipan roses on Berry Berry Good strawberry cupcakes, and,



Marshmallow fondant daisies on Storm cupcakes.



Hungry yet? As I always say, For Every Occasion, a Cupcake and so glad Little Miss Cupcake could be a part of so many of your special occasions these last few months. Here's to 1400 more!!!! ;)

RELATED POSTS:
CUPCAKES TAKE THE CAKE - TROPICAL FISH CUPCAKES

7 comments:

  1. C'est fantastique, mon amie! Wow. 1400 cupcakes. (Is that anything like 99 Red Balloons? ; ) Kudos on landing all those orders. How cool is the Australia story?! (My head is spinning at the thought.) Btw, LOVE the Nemo cupcakes (and marzipan). And I've been doing my bit to promote you to all my Parisian and UK friends. Maybe it's paying off. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1400 luftcupcakes floating in the summer sky... :0

    Thanks for the pluggin' - I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am amazed that you did so many orders! I love love love the sea creature cupcakes the most, they are just darling! You are super talented and so creative! You get lots of orders because your cupcakes are fantastic! I love seeing what you come up with next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting to 1400 cupcakes already! Great job! I love the Nemo cupcakes - they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red velvets from the mix weren't as bright as my camera made them seem. I use the auto mode, so it kinda has a mind of it's own! haha

    Mmm cupcake bites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Cat! 1400 is quite an accomplishment! Well done and keep up the beautiful work!
    Best, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy moly, congrats on 1400 cupcakes and more now obviously!! that's inspiring.. i really should have kept a tally... i can start now! :)

    ReplyDelete