11 February 2009

The Postman Never Rings Twice


I have never seen a postal service as schizophrenic as the one we have here in France. Most days, pop a letter in the mail in the morning, and it is likely to reach its destination that afternoon (even if you are sending it across the country). Put a package into the mix, get international involved, and say sayonara to that baby (1,5 million objects lost last year!). I can't even begin to recount the number of boxes that my mom has sent me that have gone missing, and so many of my friends have experienced the same. A little tip for you international senders: soft packs -- they seem to survive the trip and avoid getting lost in that big, gaping postal black hole.

My customer for today seems to have suffered the curse of La Poste. Apparently all her gifts for her 21st birthday have gone missing and her good friend in the UK wanted to send a little something to make up for it.

For Every Occasion, A Cupcake. These: A Way to Get Sweet Revenge on La Poste!



And while you all are gearing up for Valentine's Day, I wanted to share these sweeties (above) that went out for a kid's party yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cat---


    Sorry to hear about your missing packages... I haven't had that problem yet.. Knock on wood... but I sometimes WONDER if it's someone in customs or at the post who is stealing stuff... I wouldn't be surprised... Esp. if they were goodies... I just had my friend send me some pastry tips from the U.S. and I asked her to send them in a padded envelop... It should only take about 4 days so I'll let you know if I receive them.. hehe....
    Your cupcakes look soooo adorable AND DELISH!!!!!!
    Take care,
    Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get a letter sent same day here! Nice cuppies! :D

    ReplyDelete